MPB processing since 0.9.2 release day

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
Deleted User 5579

MPB processing since 0.9.2 release day

Post by Deleted User 5579 »

I hope my MBP doesn't melt! It's been running 24/7 since the update!!! :shock:

I've got two external HD going. One loading up Video TS files and the other to receive HB output files. It's like an assembly line, since I can load up files much faster than encoding, its easy to stay ahead. I've never ran this thing for so long before and using it for my daily work at the same time. My temps are constantly in the 170-180 degrees all the time. I get a little lag once in awhile, but 10.5.2 just keeps going and HB keeps churning away. :D
Cavalicious

Re: MPB processing since 0.9.2 release day

Post by Cavalicious »

You did get the extended warranty...right?
Deleted User 5579

Cavalicious wrote:You did get the extended warranty...right?
No, but if it does melt, it will give me a good excuse to buy a newer and faster one. :D
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

If its a c2d like mine, I might suggest "FanControl 1.2" so you can keep the processor from thermal throttling. Trust me, it helps.
Deleted User 5579

dynaflash wrote:If its a c2d like mine, I might suggest "FanControl 1.2" so you can keep the processor from thermal throttling. Trust me, it helps.
Yes I have a C2D - MBP - 2.1ghz. Right now its consistently around 80-85 Celsius so far. I read that 100 celsius is the max on the MBP. I have 1/2" cylindrical aluminum risers under each corners to keep it elevated on my glass desk to help circulate air underneath. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.