Rotating videos

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mucky1957
New User

Rotating videos

Post by mucky1957 »

Description of problem or question:

I have a number of small videos that I watch using a usb stick on a digital photo frame. Problem is that some of the videos play on their side ..can Handbrake rectify this issue. When I play the videos on my pc they do play the right way up

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Rotating videos

Post by rollin_eng »

Yes you can. It should be on the Dimensions tab.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Given that the video plays in the correct orientation on a PC, it probably has rotation metadata in the container indicating the correct orientation. The digital photo frame is simply ignoring this information. HandBrake should also detect this metadata and automatically rotate the video for you. HandBrake's log would indicate this with a message such as "Auto-Rotating video 90 degrees".
mucky1957
New User

Post by mucky1957 »

hi. Thanks for the replies.
Took a while to find my way around the app but it worked perfectly..
Many thanks