Stop Handbrake from deleting generated Preview Files

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
HellPhantom

Stop Handbrake from deleting generated Preview Files

Post by HellPhantom »

Description of problem or question:
When creating a new preview handbrake deletes the previous created preview file before generating the new one.

All my preview are already created with unique filenames they contain the date and time field so every new file is at least created with a new and unique time. Unless i manually rename the file afterwards to be different that originally created filename Handbrake will delete it before it creates the new preview file even if though the new file have a completely different name.

I normally have to sometimes create up to 3 previews and compare them to see which one is the one i would like to go with and this can not be done if i do not manually interfere. i can understand if handbrakes overwrite a file if it is not unique but I would like it to not auto delete previous preview file.

Is there such a setting to prevent this behavior.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
Create any preview but add date time to output name [_{date}-{time}], run 2 previews at least 1 minute apart. You will only have latest preview.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
version: 1.7.1 (2023112200)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10 Pro . Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045