Unfortunately have to say goodbye to Handbrake

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
AppleFanBoy

Unfortunately have to say goodbye to Handbrake

Post by AppleFanBoy »

So after having nothing but problems with handbrake since upgrading to a M2 Mac Studio a few months ago I'm unfortunately having to give up with Handbrake and give up encoding my own films.

I've been using Handbrake for around 5 years now and until I switched to the M2 Mac Studio I never had a single failed encode, I've used both PC's and an M1 Mac previously with absolutely no issue, but pretty much as soon as I go the Mac Studio I started having failed encodes, and then later encodes that looked to have completed correctly but had errors (playback would stutter, there would be artifacting, audio out of sequence, etc).

I came here for advice and was told that it was pretty much "bad rips", which I wasn't convinced of as I'd used .iso's from various sources, but just to be sure I bought a new drive which made absolutely no difference.

I've finally given up trying to resolve this issue after ripping my 4k version of The Batman yesterday, the first encoded failed about 30 minutes into the film, so I tried it again and this time it completed but there was stuttering when playing it back.

At this point I'm convinced that Handbrake doesn't play nice with M2 or it's an issue with something on my computer causing an issue as I've tried ripping the same file on a M1 MacBook Air and had no problems. I've tried re-installing HandBrake which made absolutely no difference so now I'm completely out of ideas and have been forced to give up at this point!
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Unfortunately have to say goodbye to Handbrake

Post by mduell »

Ok byeeee
AppleFanBoy

Re: Unfortunately have to say goodbye to Handbrake

Post by AppleFanBoy »

mduell wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:04 amOk byeeee
Byeeeeee