Car Stereo Vid Codec

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
xx_ED_xx

Car Stereo Vid Codec

Post by xx_ED_xx »

Not sure if this the right place to post. But I own this radio older model car stereo

AVH-P5200DVD Pioneer

Anyhow it plays dvd's and supposedly video files. I tried a couple different file types and was hoping hand brake could help decode it to the correct format. one file type it said can not play HD file

Tried converting an mp4 to divx because supposedly it supports it but i dont know which codec is appropriate for it to play

Any help would be appreciated
Silent_Strider
Enlightened

Re: Car Stereo Vid Codec

Post by Silent_Strider »

JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

According to the manual posted above, the stereo supports the DivX video codec, and MP2, MP3, AC3 audio codecs in an AVI container. HandBrake hasn't supported DivX or AVI since 2009. So you'll have to find another tool to create such files.

FYI, full media compatibility specifications for the stereo is on pages 84 and 85.
xx_ED_xx

Post by xx_ED_xx »

Yes 84 and 85 are helpful. Yeah i just sat here and converted the file to a bunch of different resolutions and cant seem to get anything to work. Tried to download divx convertor no dice my antivirus blocks it since bad stuff attached to it. go figure
xx_ED_xx

Post by xx_ED_xx »

I found an old file from 20 years ago that will play so at least i can work backwards from that and go off the properties. What a night mare
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

You need the last release of Auto Gordian Knot.
xx_ED_xx

Post by xx_ED_xx »

TY let me try that