How to download a version of handbrake for Windows 7 Professional

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
decijp8
New User

How to download a version of handbrake for Windows 7 Professional

Post by decijp8 »

Description of problem or question:

I have Windows 7 Professional and HB worked fine for a long time. Today it wouldn't work and said I had to install runtime. (I did 6.0.16) I had version 1.4.2. I uninstalled it and tried to find a version of HB that would work on Win 7 and couldn't do so. (Noticed that the current HB web page doesn't have downloads for Win 7) Downloaded HB 1.2.2 and that didn't work. (didn't get a windows installer "box")

Handbrake worked very well for a long time on my Windows 7 computer and I would think there is a version somewhere that will work with it. I only do simple operations, such as reducing the size of big video files and I am hoping that I can go back to that. If not, can someone recommend a different program that will work.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Had 1.4.2

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 7

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: How to download a version of handbrake for Windows 7 Professional

Post by mduell »

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/tec ... ments.html says you need 1.3.3

https://handbrake.fr/old.php has the link for 1.3.3 GUI for Windows
decijp8
New User

Re: How to download a version of handbrake for Windows 7 Professional

Post by decijp8 »

Thanks so much for your response. Took me about 3 minutes to install. Was wasting a lot of time trying to figure this out.