Bug/Error w HB Low Disk Space Warning

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
decard
New User

Bug/Error w HB Low Disk Space Warning

Post by decard »

Bug With HB Low Disk Space option/Warning
HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):1.6.1
Operating system and version : Win 10 (64)

i have struck a fatal error

1. HB complains about low disk space even though i have almost 900gb! free on that device, and the Low Disk Space setting was set to default of 2gb

2. then when i click the Yes (Continue) option, nothing happens and the Queue still says paused

and it simply will NOT restart Queue.

huh?

Code: Select all

[13:55:36] scan: audio 0x1: aac, rate=44100Hz, bitrate=1 Unknown (AAC LC) (2.0 ch)
[13:55:36] scan: 10 previews, 1280x720, 29.970 fps, autocrop = 0/0/0/0, aspect 16:9, PAR 1:1, color profile: 1-1-1, chroma location: unspecified
[13:55:36] scan: decoding previews for title 339 (E:\MUSIC LIBRARY\VIDEOS MKV COPIES\monica martin stories dont think twice its all right.mkv)
[13:55:36] scan: audio 0x1: opus, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=1 Unknown (Opus) (2.0 ch)
[13:55:36] scan: 10 previews, 1920x1080, 23.976 fps, autocrop = 0/0/0/0, aspect 16:9, PAR 1:1, color profile: 1-1-1, chroma location: unspecified
[13:55:36] libhb: scan thread found 339 valid title(s)

# Scan Finished ...

Remaining drive storage has dropped below 2 GB on the destination drive. Pausing encode...
Queue Paused.  Warning, the drive you are encoding to is low on disk space. Please free up some space and press start to continue. You can also adjust the minimum space level in preferences.
Queue Paused.  Warning, the drive you are encoding to is low on disk space. Please free up some space and press start to continue. You can also adjust the minimum space level in preferences.

Code: Select all

HandBrake 1.6.1 (2023012300)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram: 16271 MB, 
GPU Information:
  AMD Radeon(TM) HD8490 - 15.201.1151.1008
  Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 - 20.19.15.5171
Screen: 1920x1080
Temp Dir: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\
Install Dir: C:\Program Files\HandBrake\
Data Dir: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake
-------------------------------------------
[11:40:34] Compile-time hardening features are enabled
[11:40:34] qsv: not available on this system
[11:40:34] vcn: not available on this system
Cannot load nvEncodeAPI64.dll
decard
New User

Re: Bug/Error w HB Low Disk Space Warning

Post by decard »

UPDATE

i have discovered that this [Censored] program just ignores all the Program options you set INCLUDING the location of where to save the output files!!

so it was busy burying the output files in C:\..\users\admin\videos!!

which is precisely where I did not WANT any f*g files!!!

for precisely that reason!!! that C: drive which is JUST for my OS and software DOES NOT HAVE MUCH FREE SPACE.

which HB happily chewed up all of it!!!

instead of using the carefully specified Media drive in the program options with almost 900gb FREE SPACE

which would be the case for almost everyone!!!!!!

hence the disk space error messages!!!!

WTF.
decard
New User

Post by decard »

PS ... and it goes without saying that , espec for a app such as this, sticking video out files on the C:\ under Users is a really really f*g stupid default output file location

it quite bizarrely stupid.

it would be quite hard to think of a WORSE location. in fact, i can't.

the install should ASK where the user wants the optput files saved at the get-go!!
Silent_Strider
Enlightened

Post by Silent_Strider »

my settings always place the destination file in the same directory where the source file comes from. Is the source on a local drive, the destination is placed on the local drive, if the source is on a network drive, the destination is placed on the network drive. Thus I would say, you are disproven, that Handbrake does not use the settings:
(https://i.imgur.com/gsO1Q6e.png if image not seen)
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Temp Dir: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\
Update your temp dir location rather than hyperbolic profanity.