Editing chapters

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
confused12
New User

Editing chapters

Post by confused12 »

Is there any way to edit start/end time of chapters in HandBrake? It seems only I can do is edit the titles.

I'm running HB ver. 1.3.3
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Editing chapters

Post by Woodstock »

Not within handbrake. There are utilities to edit chapters out there, though. mkvtoolnix comes with an editor for chapter tracks, but I've not used it more than to try it. You would then set the new chapter file as the chapter file for the video.

Be aware that if you set a chapter change that does NOT have a full-screen scene change, playback can be screwy.
Deleted User 11865

Re: Editing chapters

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Woodstock wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:54 pm Be aware that if you set a chapter change that does NOT have a full-screen scene change, playback can be screwy.
I guess what you mean is if the chapter doesn't coincide with a video keyframe (that's not quite the same thing) :-)

Note that as long as you do your chapter changes before encoding with HandBrake, with won't be an issue as HB ensure the encoder gives us a new keyframe for each chapter start.