Destination File needs me to manually choose it every time

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
FVI

Destination File needs me to manually choose it every time

Post by FVI »

Description of problem or question:

I upload the original file and before I play (make the optimization process) I have to every single time go to the Browse button, bottom right to change the location/destination which it should be the same or I want the same destination of the original file, the only thing I do manually is just change the name of it to now the difference, that's it.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

I upload the original file and before I play (make the optimization process) I have to every single time go to the Browse button, bottom right to change the location/destination which it should be the same or I want the same destination of the original file, I just manually change the name of it to know the difference once it's finished, that's it.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Latest Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/d0ZR1avy
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Destination File needs me to manually choose it every time

Post by Ritsuka »

HandBrake is sandboxed and doesn't have the permission to write to an arbitrary folder on your disks.