Handbrake Crashes after It scans the sr0 device...

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
coldfire05

Handbrake Crashes after It scans the sr0 device...

Post by coldfire05 »

Description of problem or question:
When I scan a device such as the cd reader (sr0, sr1, sr2...) the program just shuts down. I been using this program for over 3 years with no problem and I love it!! Problem started about 2 weeks ago, while handbrake was running (processing jobs in the queue) I inadvertently had a twitch in my finger while holding the mouse, and I believe the cursor was over the open source button at the top of the window, and it double clicked the button. The program froze up, so after waiting about 10 minutes, I killed the program and restarted the computer. This is when it started to fail, as it crashes and closes after I select the cd reader, it scans it to the end of the process bar, and closes.

I have tried uninstalling it and re installing it, but that did not work. I also tried setting the system to a time and date prior to this incident and that did not work either...

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
n/a

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
Version 1.1.0 (x86_64)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Using Linux Mint 19.03 Cinnamon 64bit.

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

[09:50:27] gtkgui: HandBrake 1.1.0 (2018042400) - Linux x86_64 - https://handbrake.fr
[09:50:27] hb_init: starting libhb thread
coldfire05

Re: Handbrake Crashes after It scans the sr0 device...

Post by coldfire05 »

UPDATE!!!
Just after I posted this, I had a new thought and that was to initiate the program from another device, (I currently have 2 internal CDR's, and 1 external) I have been trying to initiate on cr0, but I just tried using cr1, and it loaded, and started to process. So while it was processing, I loaded another CD in cr0, and it scanned and loaded the additional files to queue no problem. I will wait to see if it all goes well before I get to happy. If all 7 jobs in the queue process with out issue or error, I will post those results and mark this thread as SOLVED.

COLDFIRE05
coldfire05

Re: Handbrake Crashes after It scans the sr0 device...

Post by coldfire05 »

Well that seemed to fix the issue, all is running as it was!!