Unable to read DVD

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
situveux1
New User

Unable to read DVD

Post by situveux1 »

Description of problem or question:

I have a DVD that I own that I want to download for my own personal use. It is a TV series and I downloaded the 1st season no problem. Went to download the 2nd season disk 1 and Handbrake keeps giving an error that it isn't able to read the DVD. It gives 3 reasons, but only the last (encrypted) is logical. I've searched for and replaced the .dll file i

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

I've attempted to read the DVD several times. The DVD is not scratched or otherwise unreadable. It opens in VLC player each time it's inserted in my computer. I've downloaded the .dll file and placed it in the Handbrake folder of my Programs folder. I've downloaded a new .dll file in the hopes that it would have updated coding but it did not solve the problem.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10 Pro

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

https://pastebin.com/4thawc35
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Unable to read DVD

Post by rollin_eng »

Try ripping with makemkv first.
Navvie
Novice

Re: Unable to read DVD

Post by Navvie »

Handbrake does not decrypt DVDs. You'd need to rip the titles you want to transcode first. MakeMKV is a good choice for doing that. Open the file that MakeMKV generates with Handbrake.