Having Problems ripping Legends of the Seeker Season 2

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Gene.Kirk

Having Problems ripping Legends of the Seeker Season 2

Post by Gene.Kirk »

Handbrake Version 1.3.3
Operating system Windows 7 64 Bit
libdvdcss.dll added to defeat DVD encryption protection

Everything has gone fine up to this point in ripping the First Season of Legend of the Seeker
I am attempting to rip the Second season of Disc 5 of Legend of the Seeker. I started with this disc first because it has some minor scratches on it.

First I made and ISO image of Disc 5, the first two attempts failed, but finally I got a good image of the DVD on hard drive.
I open and play the ISO image in VLC and it works just like the playing the DVD.
While I am playing the selected episode in VLC, I go to Playback and select title. There it shows the title number that is being played. I write down the title number.

After that I close VLC and open the ISO image in Handbrake, Legend of the Seeker S2E19 Extinction is title 9. Everything goes as it should but for some reason Handbrake only ripped the first 15 minutes of the episode. So I try it again and the next time it only rips around 23 minutes, third time only 12 minutes.

(Note I have done this will all five Discs of Season 1, it worked great and better then ripping directly form the DVD.)

I can't figure out for the life of me how to get Handbrake to rip the entire episode without cutting it short.
Can anyone help me with this.
Thanks
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Having Problems ripping Legends of the Seeker Season 2

Post by Woodstock »

Sounds like the image has a problem. This is why handbrake does not include "software for ripping", because ripping is where a lot of problems occur with damaged disks.

If you try ripping the disk with actual ripping software, such as MakeMKV or AnyDVD, do they see the "whole file"? Have you CLEANED the disk?
Gene.Kirk

Post by Gene.Kirk »

Thank you for your reply, no I have not tried using MakeMKV or AnyDVD to rip these disks with. I am now believing that he scratches on the DVD's, they were ordered used off Amazon, or the reason for the problem. I will try one of your suggestions to see if it helps, but I never like MakeMKV, I used it until I discovered Handbrake which gave much more flexibility in ripping my DVD movies. This is the first time I have hand any problems with Handbrake.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

HB is not a ripper, it’s a video converter.

Use makemkv to rip, then use handbrake to convert.