subtitles for video on mac

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
masa
New User

subtitles for video on mac

Post by masa »

Description of problem or question:

I have downloaded videos and I add subtitles but these are only showing n my computer and not on my tv. Can I do anything to correct this
Thanks

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

MacOS Ventura 13

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: subtitles for video on mac

Post by Woodstock »

TVs are rather particular about flags. File formats (MP4, MKV) have flags. Matching them up is important.

By default, a lot of players will ignore subtitles in files if they do not have BOTH the "default" and "forced" flag set. Handbrake does not, by default, set the "forced" flag players are looking for... but it does have a "search for subtitles marked as FORCED" function.

Since you did not say what file type or subtitle type you are using, it is difficult to say how to set the "forced" flag.