The software does not see the integrated-VGA

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
humanoid86

The software does not see the integrated-VGA

Post by humanoid86 »

Description of problem or question:
The software does not see the integrated-VGA, so the QSV technology does not work

(davinci resolve studio ver.17 = sees and works completely)

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
my CPU i7-12700 (simply/default and OS default)

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
win10x64 - home - 19044.1949 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/11xRtid ... sp=sharing
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: The software does not see the integrated-VGA

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
GDILord

Post by GDILord »

I've noticed that some software sometimes doesn't recognise the iGPU if one has a discrete graphics card plugged in and is using that dGPU to drive the monitor. Try connecting another screen to the iGPU outs on the motherboard, even if it's an old screen, just so that the iGPU is "on" and displaying content, even if it's a blank desktop screen.
tlindgren
Bright Spark User

Post by tlindgren »

GDILord wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:41 pm I've noticed that some software sometimes doesn't recognise the iGPU if one has a discrete graphics card plugged in and is using that dGPU to drive the monitor. Try connecting another screen to the iGPU outs on the motherboard, even if it's an old screen, just so that the iGPU is "on" and displaying content, even if it's a blank desktop screen.
Yeah, sometimes you can force-enable the iGPU in the BIOS, other times you just need to make sure something is plugged into it, hence the proliferation of cheap "hdmi dummy plugs" and "displayport dummy plug" to do this.

These are minimal HDMI/DP plugs that just implements "I'm a screen" protocol and provides EDID values (resolution/frequency) back to the GPU - enough to make it believe it has a working screen connected. You can get models that report the highest available resolution as any of 1080p60, 1440p60, 4k30 and 4k60 (and probably others, those are just the common ones) because sometimes the resolution matters (mainly when connecting remotely).
humanoid86

Post by humanoid86 »

I'm a foreigner and don't understand English very well...

in the software settings I activated the iGPU 770

after restart when selecting QSVenc - everything works fine