I need to restart my iMac, but am concerned I might lose my Handbrake Queue.

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Parship

I need to restart my iMac, but am concerned I might lose my Handbrake Queue.

Post by Parship »

I have a queue that took me a couple of days to build up and I don't wish to lose it, because I need to make some edits to it later. How can I get the queue back after a restart and how bug-free is this process? It would be a bit of a nightmare if I lost this queue.

Version 1.3.3 (2020061300)

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: I need to restart my iMac, but am concerned I might lose my Handbrake Queue.

Post by Ritsuka »

There are no known issues in queue restoration. Just let it finish the current item and then restart.

It would be better to use the latest HandBrake version, but the queue is not compatible between different version, so if you want to update it's better to wait until your queue is done.
Parship

Re: I need to restart my iMac, but am concerned I might lose my Handbrake Queue.

Post by Parship »

It would be better to use the latest HandBrake version
Curious if you are suggesting there is a possibility of the Queue not restoring given the version of Handbrake I am using?
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

No.
Parship

Post by Parship »

Cool. How do I restore the Queue after I restart then?
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

It's restored automatically.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Launch HandBrake.
Parship

Post by Parship »

I nearly had a heart attack because the "done" jobs were removed from Queue after I restarted.

Thankfully, this option restored them back:

Parship

Post by Parship »

Image = Handbrake > Edit menu > "Undo Remove Jobs From Queue"
Parship

Post by Parship »

Phew!

Thanks, guys.