Optimal preset for VERTICAL streaming on Telegram with the smallest possible file size!?

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Michael63

Optimal preset for VERTICAL streaming on Telegram with the smallest possible file size!?

Post by Michael63 »

Description of problem or question:
Hello dear community,
I am looking for the best settings or preset to convert vertically created FinalCut m4v videos (720x1280) for distribution on Telegram or WhatsApp.

Currently I use resolution limit : 720x1280
Results in image size: 480x854 automatically

When sending, I keep getting a message from Telegram that this video is not suitable for streaming, so you have to download it.
How could I change this?

I lack the necessary skills, my desire are considering the smallest possible file size, the quality of the image plays a minor role, because my videos live on the spoken content...

My search for it has not brought any satisfactory results for me so far, unfortunately. In this sense best regards from Vienna,
Michael

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Mac Version 1.5.1 (2022011000)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

OS BigSur 11.6

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Optimal preset for VERTICAL streaming on Telegram with the smallest possible file size!?

Post by mduell »

I'd use the Fast 1080p preset, bump the resolution up to 1280 tall, and choose the web optimized box which should help with streaming.