Auto-cropping? Any help appreciated

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Gothmog61

Auto-cropping? Any help appreciated

Post by Gothmog61 »

Description of problem or question:

Handbrake was recommended (and installed with me) by Adobe when my system was having problems handling 4k videos. It's been a life saver and has worked perfectly for reducing video sizes so Premier and Final Cut Pro can handle them.

A problem developed yesterday. A was converting a 1920x1080 video but Handbrake insisted the video was 1530x1068. The video was produced via OBS at 1920x1080, and "get info" on the file confirmed it. There was no cropping done. I was on version 1.3. I updated to 1.5.1 and the same thing happened, but 1.5.1 let me control auto-cropping (by setting it to "none").

Can anyone tell me what might be going on here? I have no reason to think there's any cropping at this source.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Auto-cropping? Any help appreciated

Post by mduell »

An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.