Highway Patrol

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bobo98

Highway Patrol

Post by bobo98 »

My Macs have no problem*** playing all the episodes in the Complete Season One set of HP, either via DVD Player or VLC.

The title’s episode #s show up on both apps, yet, the VIDEO_TS folder is empty, no matter where I try to open it…whether in Handbrake’s Open Source Panel, the DVD’s Desktop disc image, or VLC, yet all other DVDs show the files, everywhere.

I even tried the Command+Shift+Period shortcut to try to reveal hidden files in that folder, but they are always empty, and when I try to open and scan the DVD via Handbrake, it hurries through two 'half' scans, then shows ‘no valid source found’, even via opening a single title at a time.

***The only problem I have with it is not being able to b/u the purchased disc, then being able to watch more than four episodes (per disc) at a time w/o having to get up from the couch to remove and insert another disc!

I really like the show and have considered streaming it, or eventually purchasing the entire series from the iTunes Store (either would be a first for me), but it is not available from either, as far as I can see.
I think I am doomed to the above first world problem, since the VIDEO_TS folder is empty, therefore, no program would be able to make a safety copy, not even starting with making an MKV file first.

Is this my only solution?

Thanks in advance.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Highway Patrol

Post by rollin_eng »

Try ripping with makemkv first.
bobo98

Re: Highway Patrol

Post by bobo98 »

Thanks rollin, it worked.