Error ripping an episode of an anime, cannot access encode log

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
karamarah

Error ripping an episode of an anime, cannot access encode log

Post by karamarah »

Description of problem or question:
While trying to rip an episode of the anime Soul Eater from my dvd set, I get an error saying that it cannot finish the job because it cannot access the encode log file. This happens every time I try right before it reaches 50% complete. Every other episode on this disc ripped without any issues.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
Unsure if this is reproduceable without my exact dvd, but I am using disc 1 and ripping title 11, chapters 19 through 24 to an MP4 file on an internal HDD.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)
For clarification, the section after the line of percent symbols (%) is what appeared in the "Activity Log" tab of the separate Queue window.

Code: Select all

https://pastebin.com/HZb2a751
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Error ripping an episode of an anime, cannot access encode log

Post by mduell »

While that error does appear at the end, the real problem is higher up in the log with regard to the DVD. Rip the DVD with an app for that purpose, like MakeMKV.