Question about how to convert on my PC

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
narling88

Question about how to convert on my PC

Post by narling88 »

Hi handbrake community, this is my pc

AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.35 GHz
4,00 GB

I need to shrink some 1080p videos for space but also for convenience a smaller file is easier to carry so I tried to convert with handbrake both to fast480p cf 20 and veryfast720p cf 23 but for longer videos it takes 7-8 minimum hours, even more hours if i open other programs, the only one that seems to meet my speed needs seems to be veryfast480p cf 22.

What do you think? What is the best solution for me?
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Question about how to convert on my PC

Post by s55 »

On such a CPU, I'm afraid you don't have many options. it's going to be extremely slow as you are well below the minimum system requirements we'd recommend for video encoding.

Given the speed requirement, the very fast preset you've selected is probably the best bet.

Lower the output resolution, faster the speed will be. If you want 720p, you might try move the "encoder preset" field on the video tab to "superfast". See if that makes it usable. You may need to adjust Quality slider to the right a notch or two to maintain quality.

We don't recommend using the "ultrafast" video encoder preset as quality really suffers.