No Subtitles in MP4-Video

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
martinuss
New User

No Subtitles in MP4-Video

Post by martinuss »

Hello experts!

I convert MKV videos to mp4 videos so I can play them on my TV or DVBT receiver via USB stick.

I use Handbrake Version 1.3.1 (2020010400).
If the MKV videos have subtitles, I add the respective English audio and subtitle track under the Audio and Subtitle tabs. I (German) would like to enjoy videos in the original English language and also like to use the English subtitles,

"In the past" it worked wonderfully, so that I could watch the video in German or English - with an English subtitle - according to my mood. To do this, I simply went into the TV Audio and Subtitle settings and then made my choice accordingly.

For some time now, since when exactly I don't know, it just doesn't want to work anymore, whether TV or receiver. I no longer get the option to choose the subtitle, or it gets burned in so I can't show/hide it.

Procedure: under subtitle tracks I select Add all remaining tracks. Then I choose the appropriate subtitle. If I click "Burn-in", the subtitle cannot be deselected on the TV. If I just select the subtitle, I don't get an option to select the subtitle.

This worked wonderfully "in the past". Selected Remaining Tracks and thus selected the subtitle, deleted the rest, and then I could select it on the TV or not.

What am I doing wrong? Which settings do I have to choose?

I'm looking forward to your tips!
Mardn

P.S.: Google helped me with the text ;)
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: No Subtitles in MP4-Video

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html