handbrakecli/ffmpeg command to encode & auto filename

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
franciscadevi
New User

handbrakecli/ffmpeg command to encode & auto filename

Post by franciscadevi »

Description of problem or question:
I have 2 preset .json files(from the GUI version on windows) to convert mkv to mp4.

converts to h264 and adds subtitle 1
converts to h264 :?:

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
I'm only trying to get no.2 to work at this stage.

Code: Select all

for i in `*.mkv`; do HandBrakeCLI --preset-import-file HPRESET.json -Z "MYPRESET" --output *.mp4; done 
no output name

HandBrakeCLI -i $1 --preset-import-gui HPRESET.json -Z "MYPRESET" --output $1.mp4
errors on output name

for i in `*.mkv`; do HandBrakeCLI --title $i --preset "Very Fast 1080p30" --output *.mp4; done
errors on output name AND not valid preset.

$ for i in `seq 4`; do HandBrakeCLI --input /dev/dvd --title $i --preset Normal --output NameOfDisc_Title$i.mp4; done
outputs as 1.mp4 and then 2.mp4 etc.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: handbrakecli/ffmpeg command to encode & auto filename

Post by Woodstock »

Not sure why you include ffmpeg in the title, since you're dealing with handbrakecli.

You also have 4 different command lines, only one of which is somewhat valid (if it is OK to output a file name like "OutputName.mkv.mp4").

Are you using handbrakecli from the official branch, or something from the Ubuntu branch?