Youtube videos where they explain well how to use handbrake?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
kpoviv7

Youtube videos where they explain well how to use handbrake?

Post by kpoviv7 »

Most of the youtube videos explain in a very basic way how to use hanbrake and with the preset settings. Could someone pass me a link where they explain how to get the maximum resolution with a low weight?
I am practicing to compress movies from 40gb to 2gb and make them look as good as the movies that are downloaded from torrent with that low weight. It is not working well for me with the standard configurations.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Youtube videos where they explain well how to use handbrake?

Post by mduell »

Pastebin your encoding log from your attempt so we can make specific recommendations.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

20:1 compression ratio with non-anime content and any kind of quality is a tall order. Your definition of "acceptable quality" is probably pretty low.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Woodstock wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:45 pm 20:1 compression ratio with non-anime content and any kind of quality is a tall order. Your definition of "acceptable quality" is probably pretty low.
Depends what's driving the source bitrate. If it's an arbitrary target for the prior encoder, e.g. to max Blu-ray bitrate since using more of the disk is "free", then the ratio isn't really meaningful.