Queue file location?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cutter

Queue file location?

Post by cutter »

Description of problem or question:

My existing Mac is encoding 24x7 and I have several hundred jobs queued. I'm about to purchase a new computer and would like to know if it's possible to share the existing queued jobs between the two computers without having to recreate the queue jobs from scratch. Is there a file that holds the queue jobs which I can transfer to the new computer once I install Handbrake?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

N/A

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

macOS Monterey 12.1

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Queue file location?

Post by Ritsuka »

It's in /Users/yourusername/Library/Containers/fr.handbrake.HandBrake/Data/Library/Application Support/HandBrake/
but I don't think it will work, HandBrake is sandboxed and needs special "bookmarks" to access files and folders. These bookmarks won't be valid anymore on a different Mac, and at the moment HandBrake doesn't ask for permission again if they become invalid.
cutter

Post by cutter »

Oh darn... regardless, thank you for your quick answer, Ritsuka.
p_alex_r

Post by p_alex_r »

it was a few months back and my memories not what it was, but i Time Machine backup'd from an old Mac to a new one and I think my queue came across as part of it all .....
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

It's worth a try at least.