Converting files but subs are not being included

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
guiri

Converting files but subs are not being included

Post by guiri »

Hi, I'm currently using v1.3.3 of handbrake and normally, when I convert stuff, everything's ok but this time, the subs for some reason are not included.

I am converting because my media player does not play hvec265 which is normally not a problem. I just convert with this awesome program and I'm good but this time, it did not do the subs.

So, I went into the subtitle option and I've tried the different options but it doesn't seem to work.

It apparently has several sub tracks 'cause when I do the add track, they all show up and I choose english.

Default is set to foreign audio scan but that doesn't seem to work either.,

Could someone give me ALL the correct setting so I can try to get this done?

Thanks

George
guiri

Re: Converting files but subs are not being included

Post by guiri »

Note that VLC plays the files fine and the subs DO work when I play it on vlc but not after I've converted it to play on my WD TV media player.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Upgrade to the current release and post the encoding log from your attempt at including subs.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

And let us see the logs so we can tell what handbrake is seeing. The "Foreign audio scan" has rules that many disks do not match, and relying on FAS can leave you with no subtitles.