Notifications vs. Alerts on Mac

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Tango

Notifications vs. Alerts on Mac

Post by Tango »

Description of problem or question:
I'm getting notifications after every item is done. I hear this is normal. I did some searching and found a thread that explained that, in the past, one could get notification only at the end of the queue being done instead of for each item. It's changed. I get that. But I also see that we're supposed to get notifications for each item and an alert for the queue.

I looked at the settings (I'd include an image, but I can't paste one directly in and I see nothing allowing me to add attachments), I can turn notifications or alerts or both. That, along with what I've read is a bit confusing - it make it look like what I'm picking is whether to use an alert or notification on each event. (Which, now, seems to be completion of each item.)

Is there a way, without digging into the source code, to change settings so that I only get a message (notification or alert) when the queue is done? I'd like that, but there are times I use MakeMKV to rip all the DVDs or BDs in a TV series to my drive. When they're done, I have HandBrake process all of them in one shot. That can mean anywhere from 20 to over 100 messages for this. That's why I'd like to just get one notification at the end.

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
macOS 10.15.7 - Catalina.