Just some feedback about the latest version :)

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Valso

Just some feedback about the latest version :)

Post by Valso »

I am, to say the least, very impressed with the new version that was released recently! Things that the old versions needed 20-30 minutes to do, the new version does the same things in 10 minutes tops without any difference in the output quality between then and now! :mrgreen: For instance, since I'm watching several tv shows at the same time and the main one being Supergirl, an episode which comes from a torrent with 3 GB file size, the older versions needed about 20 minutes to convert the episode according to my specifications with the Nvidia Encoding (H265). But this latest version needs 10 minutes tops, which is why I'm very happy and impressed with the performance of the latest handbrake! I hope you keep that performance in future versions, it's awesome! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Just some feedback about the latest version :)

Post by mduell »

Performance hasn't changed in any significant way, so what you're comparing is different settings.
Valso

Post by Valso »

mduell wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:27 pm Performance hasn't changed in any significant way, so what you're comparing is different settings.
The settings are the same as they have always been! I have my own preset of H265 which I use for all conversions. 2-3 months ago such a conversion took 3 times longer than it does now - with the same preset.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Unfortunately that's simply not credible. May have been a default changing without your knowledge.

Post encoding logs from before and now and we can point to the differences.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

The OP refers to encoding "torrent videos", which are notorious for having different encoding between shows, so anything is possible.
Valso

Post by Valso »

Woodstock wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:03 pm different encoding
Just like what Handbrake does. :) You set video bitrate to 5000 kbps but the output is never 5000 kbps, it's always around 4800-4900 kbps. If you want it closer to 5000, you have to set it to 5050 or 5100. Which makes me think the torrent episodes were converted with Handbrake, only with H264, not with the better codec.