Update Existing Presets

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
sockeyemonkey

Update Existing Presets

Post by sockeyemonkey »

Hello, I recently upgraded from version 1.3.x to 1.4.0 and have been converting my library since before the update, I have been tweaking the presets to my liking and now I can't find the setting to update existing presets. I liked the layout of the old preset selector and was wondering if

A: There is a way to customize the layout to include the old-style preset selector as the updated dropdown selector adds way too many extra steps to multiple files.

B: Someone knows where to find the Update Existing Preset option as my old presets for some reason have all changed somewhat from the slowest encoder setting to the fastest which is highly irritating.:

I am sorry if this issue has already been asked, I tried looking for a solution on this forum and Google to no avail.

Thanks for any inputs.

HandBrake version 1.4.0:
Using Windows 10 Pro:
sockeyemonkey

Re: Update Existing Presets

Post by sockeyemonkey »

Also, I just noticed that the audio is suddenly 1 second out of sync, there was no change to the settings. I tried adding the align a/v start but this did nothing.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

A. No.

For audio sync, we'd need to see both logs per the bolded underlined red text on a pink background.
sockeyemonkey

Post by sockeyemonkey »

For the audio sync issue, I discovered it was something in my existing custom presets from version 1.3.3. I created a new preset from scratch and it synced with no problem. It was inserting a blank screen for one-ish second for some reason. I'll include a later if need be.
sockeyemonkey

Post by sockeyemonkey »

I finally found the option whilst debugging the Audio sync issue, it is now only located in the presets on the menu bar, just in case someone else has a problem finding it.