irritated

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
piou44
New User

irritated

Post by piou44 »

I exposed a software problem, the problem occurs with all versions of handbrake, with all the different encoding formats (h264 / h265,8bit / 10/12), with all the different settings, it's been years that there is the problem. and I am asked for a log and more information, how I can give more information when the problem appears with everyone!

I'm not going to do 100 logs! it has no use,the problem of pgs embedded in the image and appearing like this has been known for a long time, and no one is doing anything,excuse me for english

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/202 ... -titre.jpg
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: irritated

Post by rollin_eng »

Just one log will help, thanks.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

when the problem appears with everyone!
What makes you think that? We don't have a single bug report about this currently. I can't re-create it with any source I have based on the limited information you've provided.

A log and ideally a sample to check the source file would be useful. Otherwise, there is nothing for us to fix here as it's not reproducible.
Silent_Strider
Enlightened

Post by Silent_Strider »

piou44 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:29 am the problem of pgs embedded in the image and appearing like this has been known for a long time
Could it be, you're encoding to mp4 format? That format can't handle much types of subtitles and non-supported ones will be burned in.

Though... a log might show that.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I'm assuming the "issue" that's being reported here is the blue chroma around the subtitle but it's not clear I guess.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Uncovering the secret "known to everyone" that no one has heard of or seen... Quite the mystery, with no clues, other than a mysterious photo, the word "subtitle", the phrase "pgs embedded", and "all versions of handbrake".

I zoomed in on a VLC rendering of an MKV file with a PGS subtitle track turned on, and there is no blue chroma, at least at the native resolution. So I pulled up an MP4 version of the same video, which had been resized with the PGS subtitles burned in and found... the expected smearing of sharp lines, but no chroma breakdown.
MKV original
MKV original
subrender1080p.png (50.14 KiB) Viewed 15322 times
MP4 resize
MP4 resize
subrender720p.png (12.34 KiB) Viewed 15322 times
So, just "normal" rendering of PGS subtitles doesn't seem to be a problem.

Can you work through your irritation and give us something to work with?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

I have a feeling this will be joined with Bigfoot and The Loch Ness Monster as one of lifes great mysteries!