Do you provide an API support or think about it

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bruecklpe
New User

Do you provide an API support or think about it

Post by bruecklpe »

Description of problem or question:
I would need an programming api (Java) or web-api (REST / SOAP) for doing the transcoding in a more integrated and controlable way inside my application / service.
So my simple question is, whether you support such an API or even plan to create one in the near future?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Linux RHEL or Windows

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Do you provide an API support or think about it

Post by s55 »

HandBrake is written in C, so you'd have to use the like so of JNI to make an interop layer for your java code. (Similar to the HandBrake.Interop C# library that the Windows UI is built on top of)

Just note, the "API" is not documented. As far as I know, only 1 other app uses it.
It was never really designed with 3rd party use in mind.

There are no plans to provide formal API's on either of those in the short to medium term.