The biggest library

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
Kieutrang

The biggest library

Post by Kieutrang »

I was wondering who has the most number of movies/tv shows loaded on there internal or external harddrive. And how many GB is it
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: The biggest library

Post by Woodstock »

I've got about 35TB of video on the NAS, but I'm not even in the running for "biggest library".
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

I know someone who has hundreds of physical DVDs. Does that count?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

If you're going to bring up PHYSICAL media... 40+ "Bankers Box" cartons, packed full.

On second thought, I don't want to think about how much money that was.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Wait you don't have it insured?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Insuring it properly would require inventorying it. I'm not QUITE that OC, although I have thought about doing it simply to be able to find things I need to re-rip. And to make sure "season 1" and "season 2" are in the same box. That's why I've been casually looking at inventory programs that can work off of UPC bar codes.

Besides, insurance is just installment payments on the possibility of having to replace it. It's cheaper to just make sure I have an off-premise backup.

Just under 1000 movies (1.8TB), 41 non-anime TV series with 5300 episodes (5.2TB), 540 dubbed anime series with 13,700 episodes (6.6TB), 240 subtitled anime series with 4500 episodes (1.9TB). The balance is things that have multiple copies for different target devices.

When I retire, I might be able to watch the 50% I haven't seen yet.