Output has a different duration than source

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
fermin

Output has a different duration than source

Post by fermin »

Description of problem or question:
Hi,

It doesn't matter what preset I use, the output video ends up being longer than the source.

Example:
Source video: 2:25 mnts
Output video: 2:45 mnts
last 20 (extra) seconds are of the frozen last frame of the video source (with no audio).

I also realized that the data that Hnadbrake shows from the source is wrong. It shows 0.0604952 FPS and a duration of 15:59:01 when the source video is 2:25 and 24 FPS.

I am using Handbrake to transcode this video from VFR to CFR (24 FPS).

Thank you in advance.
F.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/JvDZXTEE
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Output has a different duration than source

Post by mduell »

Try the nightly, and post a new log for just that encode if it also doesn't work.
fermin

Re: Output has a different duration than source

Post by fermin »

It worked! But it didn't... With Nightly the source info is right and the time of the output is the same as the source. Also, Medialinfo specifies that the output video has a constant FR but, when I import that video into Premiere Pro, the properties of the video says "Variable Frame Rate Detected" which is what I am trying to solve. Anyway, thank you @mduell for your help. I will now post a new log for the PP issue.