Win & Mac Nightly builds gone

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

bradsm87

Win & Mac Nightly builds gone

Post by bradsm87 »

Is this due to a technical problem or is it a decision to no longer offer nightlies for Win and Mac?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Win & Mac Nightly builds gone

Post by Woodstock »

Large announcement - there was a problem with one server, malware was served up for a few days on some downloads, and the nightly builds were off-line until the server was rebuilt.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

See Mirror Download Server Compromised for more information.
FattyMoBookyButt

Post by FattyMoBookyButt »

Do we have any other options for getting the nightlies or is there a plan to release a patch/version update ahead of the normal release schedule? I have a bug where the initial scan never completes and am completely dead in the water. (I think many forum users are reporting it as Windows 10 creator update issue and some users have had success with nightlies.) I was checking into building my own release, but I guess I need Unix computer to do this?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

There are instructions for building on Windows. And Windows 10 supports installing Ubuntu Linux as a sub-system.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Do we have any other options for getting the nightlies or is there a plan to release a patch/version update ahead of the normal release schedule?
Building from source is currently the only option. We don't have an ETA when the service will return at the moment.

The upcoming 1.1 release will be in the not so distant future once we sort out our code signing arrangements.
(I think many forum users are reporting it as Windows 10 creator update issue and some users have had success with nightlies.)
The nightlies doesn't fix the problem. It's not actually a HandBrake issue. Our app is just broken by other software interacting with the operating system badly. The current solution is to add an exception for HandBrake to RivaTuner.

You can build under windows 10 if you enable developer mode and install the Ubuntu developer sub system that comes with windows.