Questions about 'Web Optimized' optioon

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
shea1roh

Questions about 'Web Optimized' optioon

Post by shea1roh »

I have a couple questions about the "Web Optimized' option:

1. I had ripped alot of DVDs without having this option checked, because I thought it would shring the file & not give as good a picture. I have been putting my movies on an WD Live TV Hub & they work fine on it. The problem is that now I have a DroidX & would like to stream the videos to it. When I tried, it said the files did not support streaming & gave me the option of copying it to the phone. I then tried ripping a dvd using the "web optimized' option which allows it to stream, however, I can't pause the stream or seek within the file.

2. Since I have several hundred files that have been ripped without the 'Web Optimized' option, is there some way to batch convert them without having to re rip them?

Thanks
Deleted User 11865

Re: Questions about 'Web Optimized' optioon

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

mp4v2 should work and should be scriptable:

http://code.google.com/p/mp4v2/
http://mp4v2.googlecode.com/svn/doc/1.9 ... Guide.html

(what you're looking for is mp4file --optimize)
shea1roh

Post by shea1roh »

I will check it out. Thanks
shea1roh

Post by shea1roh »

Thanks, that allows the files to stream, but I still can't pause them or seek within the stream.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

shea1roh wrote:Thanks, that allows the files to stream, but I still can't pause them or seek within the stream.
Maybe a limitation of your phone?