Please Help!

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Deleted User 13735

Re: Please Help!

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

May need to refresh your browser to get the first one. It was the forum messing with my links . . .
phibertron
Bright Spark User

Post by phibertron »

@FaiT

Thanks for the feedback on your thoughs about aac-he

I'll have to go play with it again, and re-discover the sbr difference
FaiT

Post by FaiT »

Your Mileage may vary widely. For best results Nero, two-pass (ABR). I can confirm that megui pro-logic II through Nero does produce a subwoofer channel on my setup, havn't tested handbrake. Gotta go.... hope your tests produce results to your likeing.
phibertron
Bright Spark User

Post by phibertron »

I thought that you might find this interesting
In regards to all that we have talked to in the above thread
From the below liked thread wrote: BTW, NeroAacEnc seems to be the worst AAC compressor at introducing audio delays --- faac 1.28 sucks less, and enc_aacplus is the winner.
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1 ... stcount=14
FaiT

Post by FaiT »

Thanks for the info. I read through it and it seems the delay is dependent on the options you choose (i.e. Profile: LC,HE,V2) so using the same settings you should get the same delay. I became hypersensitive to A/V synch issues when I was trying to mux handbrake video with megui/nero audio, which was out of synch. Ever since I started using megui for video I have not seen a problem with synch. It could be that megui compensates for this delay, but I really don't know. I have started using variable bitrate @ .28 HE-AAC. After Many, many X-Men encodes to determine quality and compatibility with my devices I moved on to The Phantom Menace. I spent many, many more encodes trying to figure out how to burn in forced subtitles. By now I felt like I was getting the hang of it so I started LotR Extended. I have Fellowship and Two Towers done 3.11GB and 3.53GB Respectivly (CRF=17, 5 audio tracks) Return of the King is converting and I have the Matrix almost done on another computer. I set up a media server. PS3 Media server, It was easy works extremely well, and I especially loved its subtitle support. If you need subs (the PS3 doesn't support them) then you select your movei and tell it to transcode with the embedded subs, the resulting stream will have them burnt in. Pretty Awesome. So I'm just building my AVC collection of my favorites and I finally feel halfway competent about it.

Do you know of a media server program like PlayOn or Tversity that supports hulu but is free? I've searched and those seem to be the only ones, I don't really mind paying but its a yearly thing and theres never any assurance that they'll stick around forever so if there is a free one I'd be happy to know.

I read a post about a ripping program that fixed DVD errors as it ripped I haven't seen that feature in any of the programs that I have used and was wondering if you knew of a program that did that and/or if there was any truth/benefit to it.

Do you know how to rip video thats not the main movie using megui? Handbrake makes it super easy but it doesn't even appear possible with megui.

Thanks again for all the help. I love blu-ray but seeing the podrace seen @ CRF=17 media served to my PS3 looks startlingly good, such that I really don't feel the need to rebuy hardly any of my titles (which is good since there is no blu-ray LotR:Extended).

P.S. How would I check the audio files for delay? Thanks :) .
match
Enlightened

Post by match »

FaiT wrote:Do you know of a media server program like PlayOn or Tversity that supports hulu but is free? I've searched and those seem to be the only ones, I don't really mind paying but its a yearly thing and theres never any assurance that they'll stick around forever so if there is a free one I'd be happy to know.
There is the option to pay a one-time fee. I just got rid of my cable bill to get rid of monthly fees. To go with Hulu Plus or monthly/yearly subscriptions of Tversity or PlayOn just seemed to defeat the purpose to me. Yes, the PlayOn lifetime license is pretty steep at $79.99, but you get so much more than just Hulu and it seems to work quite well. And they are now working on streaming HD content as well. And the bottom line is...no recurring fees. As far as them not sticking around...I don't think there will be a problem there. I have been with PlayOn from the beginning. They have been around for long enough now to know that they are fairly established and successful.

In any event, even if the company went under now, I still have a program that works for what I want it to do. Sure, there would obviously be no more software updates, but the program doesn't rely on their servers or anything like that to continue working. To answer you question, no, there aren't any free programs that do this. And I don't think you will see any in the near future. It's a pretty niche market. I imagine it takes a team of programmers to create and maintain a program such as this, as there are only a couple of these programs. And they realize that people ARE willing to pay money for it. I guess it's always possible that someone come up with a free program that can do this, but I don't see it happening in the near future...but what do i know : )
FaiT

Post by FaiT »

Thanks for the advice, that's probably what I'll do. I got rid of cable long ago and just use hulu, and before that veoh and tv network sites. The downside of which is I had to connect my computer to the TV and get up anytime I wanted to watch anything (I R Lazy :) ) So I ended up just using my TV for movies and video games, but now I have an opportunity to change this. I will thoughtfully consider this for the remaining 12 days of my trial.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Both Playon and TVersity are works in progress.
You do have to pay for Hulu access in either beyond the trial period.
TVersity is hard to work with and the RSS links often don't work.
Their is no guarantee that Hulu won't break compatibility with these services because they aren't under license.
Playon opened my computer to nonstop denial-of-service attacks (ACK flooding) any time the server was on.

A good media server like Roku is a better bet, and Hulu for my WDTV Live will be available soon.