Screenshot of new test gui running new x264

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

dynaflash
Veteran User

Screenshot of new test gui running new x264

Post by dynaflash »

Just thought I would post link to a screenshot of a new test gui running an h.264 Level 3.0 encode at 640 x xxx iPod compatible using the new x264 rev604 with Altivec Enhancements (though I am still verifying that I am getting the full benefit).

For those wondering about the low fps, it is running on a 1ghz G4 Powerbook.

This is the main window, as soon as the bugs are worked out I will post one with the User Presets window open.

*Note: some of the changes are for testing purposes only. Such as the window title (just so in testing I can see at a glance which version I am using) as well as shortening the codec drop down description so that when selected the whole description show up so I can see exactly which "Baseline" I chose and verify that it stays selected.

Addtional Features Not Shown:

User Preset Window: Allows you to select specific settings to be saved as a one click preset.

Settings Summary: Basically one spot you can see everything you have set for verification, also playing around with an optional iPod specific (at this time) evaluator. Basically says: "These settings are iPod 1.2 firmware compatible" or whatever based on what you select. Came to this idea based on the huge number of forum requests asking "why doesn't my video transfer to my iPod". Could expand easily for any known target platform such as PSP, etc. User could enable evaluator or disable it at their leisure.

These are just a few additions I am trying out for myself and am in no way saying it should be added to the trunk.

I am just offering it up to get opinions/thoughts/advice etc.
zaphodmcmillan

Post by zaphodmcmillan »

Is there any way that we can download a build of this, either complied, or somewhere to compile it with instructions
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Well, right now it looks like we might be getting things together with this new x264. So I really dont want to release it until the other developers check it out and want to make it available via the svn trunk here, I dont want to subvert the distribution channel we have here.

Plus, it is using a hand patched x264 implementation which is less than stable but will be upgraded to build 'out of the box' as rhester puts it with a newer version of x264.

For more info on that see this thread http://multics.dynalias.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18

Meanwhile I will post more screenshots as I debug a couple other things as food for thought on Mac GUI features.
zaphodmcmillan

Post by zaphodmcmillan »

Ok

I look forward to getting my hands on it when it comes out.

Will it be universal or just PPC (I am on PPC at the moment, however can see myself move to intel soon)
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

PPC right now, particularly due to some huge memory leak issues with x264 for Intel. However, we are working to get those ironed out. So, for now ppc.