Request to the Developers - Please bring AVI back

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
IronHedge

Request to the Developers - Please bring AVI back

Post by IronHedge »

Hi developers,

This forum post is a request for Handbrake to bring back AVI support as converting DVD's to AVI is a must for my school and Clickview products... At the moment I am forced to stay with 0.9.3 but I have high hopes that support for AVI and other formats will come back..... Im requesting this on behalf of a lot of people.....

Hope to see it back in 0.9.5?
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Request to the Developers - Please bring AVI back

Post by s55 »

It's gone for good.
ccjensen

Post by ccjensen »

good riddance :)
mkelley
Bright Spark User

Post by mkelley »

If you really need it (and you're on Windows) just use the freeware mkvmerge to convert to mkv (no loss of quality, just a remux, and lightning fast -- even for two hours of video only takes a few minutes) and run the results through Handbrake. Works great.

(If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail).
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

mkelley wrote:If you really need it (and you're on Windows) just use the freeware mkvmerge to convert to mkv (no loss of quality, just a remux, and lightning fast -- even for two hours of video only takes a few minutes) and run the results through Handbrake. Works great.
He's requesting AVI output. AVI input is still supported.

Anyway, as has already been said many times, AVI output is not coming back, ever. Locking.