Chapters encoded out of order...

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mwrenn

Chapters encoded out of order...

Post by mwrenn »

I am trying to encode The Goods and the chapters are all mixed up. I have deleted the file several times and have the same issue everytime. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help!
rhester
Veteran User

Re: Chapters encoded out of order...

Post by rhester »

dhjdhj

Post by dhjdhj »

Hmmm, this FAQ doesn't seem to help. I used VLC to play the movie and it indicated title 74.
However, if you open the DVD from Handbrake, there is no title 74. The title number jumps from 70 to 75.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

I find DVD Player.app to be more reliable in this regard.

Start main feature and check the Go -> Title menu for current title.
dhjdhj

Post by dhjdhj »

Well, unfortunately that didn't help much either. The DVD Player app indicated it was title 83. Handbrake claimed that title 83 was about 4 minutes long and that's all it converted.
thompson
Bright Spark User

Post by thompson »

Try disabling "libdvdnav" under Handbrake's Advanced preferences. Restart the program and try encoding Title 83 again.
dhjdhj

Post by dhjdhj »

OK --- turns out that the DVD Player was playing a preview which was why the title was indicated as 83. Turns out, according to DVD Player, that the "correct" title number was 27 and that seems to have ripped properly --- thank you for the suggestions, they were very helpful.