0.9.4 Not Creating Chapters In Output Files

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bonrea

0.9.4 Not Creating Chapters In Output Files

Post by bonrea »

I have not experienced the check box being grayed out, however; no matter what I do I cannot get Handbrake to create a file [mp4 or mkv] that has chapters. The chapter listing is there under the Chapter tab in the program but the output files never have them. I use DVDFab to rip the discs to the hard drive for processing. I’ve ripped to vob, and I’ve tried ripping to ISO, but nothing seems to work. I even ripped to mkv from the disc to see if that would work. No chapters ever.

I have searched these forums, I read the WIKI and the FAQs, I have googled this issue for days, with no results. I have found information saying that this problem has been fixed in Handbrake v0.9.4. Well maybe I have a bad download or something but I cannot get it to create an output file with chapters.

I’m running Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit, v0.9.4 of Handbrake, and v6.2.0.5 DVDFab.

Any help with this issue is welcomed.

Here is the log file output: http://www.dardenden.com/downloads/handbrakelogs
rhester
Veteran User

Re: 0.9.4 Not Creating Chapters In Output Files

Post by rhester »

What playback tool/application/device are you using? MP4 output supports QuickTime-style chaptering only.

Rodney
bonrea

Re: 0.9.4 Not Creating Chapters In Output Files

Post by bonrea »

I am using mainly a Popcorn Hour NMT but am also testing on my PC with VLC media player, Windows Media player, Nero Showtime, Windows Media Center, etc. None of them can find chapters. I have tried outputting to bother mp4 and mkv.