Source Documentation

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

kenthorvath

Source Documentation

Post by kenthorvath »

It would be useful, I think, if there were a written overview of the Handbrake architecture - maybe with a few diagrams. Apple does a very good job with its developer documentation and I have found it to be invaluable when coding. Something similar (though much more modest) would be most helpful.

I've looked around, but can't find much aside from comments in the source. Does anyone know if anything like this exists?
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

If it does, it's only on titer's hard drive. No such public documentation exists, but I agree it would be of major value.

Aren't there tools to at least get this started in an automated fashion a la JavaDoc?

Rodney
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

I had previously created a Doxygen config file for documenting libhb. I was using this to help me understand the code better.

I just commited the config file to the trunk. You'll need doxygen to created the documentation by typing this in the trunk directory:
(path to doxygen)/doxygen ./Doxyfile

I haven't modified any of the jamfiles to automatically build it.

On a side note, RapidSVN decided that it wanted to checkin my working files mods I've done while trying to diagnose the 100% hang issuse along with the Doxyfile. I believe I have successfully reverted the incorrectly changed files.
johnallen
Experienced

Post by johnallen »

Documentation begins.
Added method documentation for hb.c as well as a few methods in sync.c and work.c
More to come.

You can use doxygen along with our config file Doxyfile to create the html output docs.
Last edited by johnallen on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
one01

Post by one01 »

For anyone who is interested, here is an article on using Doxygen with XCode.
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2 ... cocoa.html