0.9.4 and Autoselected Forced Subtitles

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ioiiooo

0.9.4 and Autoselected Forced Subtitles

Post by ioiiooo »

With prior versions of Handbrake, I had my presets so that subtitles were always autoselected and used Forced Subtitles only. I don't see a way to do this in 0.9.4's new subtitle interface. Is there a way to do so? Without forced subtitles, it seems way too easy to miss subtitles on movies where you least expect them to be necessary.
Deleted User 11865

Re: 0.9.4 and Autoselected Forced Subtitles

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Unfortunately, due to all the new subtitle changes, you cannot save subtitles in presets.

So you'll have to choose "Foreign Language Search" (new name, same option) and check Forced Only before you add to queue.
ioiiooo

Post by ioiiooo »

What does "Foreign Language Search" do? For example, with Star Wars, the non-human language is often english forced subtitles. If I selected "Foreign Language Search" and Forced, will it encode those?
Deleted User 11865

ioiiooo wrote:What does "Foreign Language Search" do? For example, with Star Wars, the non-human language is often english forced subtitles. If I selected "Foreign Language Search" and Forced, will it encode those?
I already answered that:
ioiiooo wrote:With prior versions of Handbrake, I had my presets so that subtitles were always autoselected and used Forced Subtitles only.
Rodeo wrote:So you'll have to choose "Foreign Language Search" (new name, same option) and check Forced Only before you add to queue.
ioiiooo

Post by ioiiooo »

Rodeo wrote: I already answered that:
The reason I ask is that the term "Foreign Language Search" sounds like it's searching for the foreign language subtitle track, which would not be english. Or alternatively that it only runs if the movie is using a foreign language sound track, which in these cases it would not be as the sound track is english, but with some foreign language on points of the english track.

You have to admit, the name is not nearly as clear as the prior "autoselect".
Deleted User 11865

ioiiooo wrote:
Rodeo wrote: I already answered that:
The reason I ask is that the term "Foreign Language Search" sounds like it's searching for the foreign language subtitle track, which would not be english. Or alternatively that it only runs if the movie is using a foreign language sound track, which in these cases it would not be as the sound track is english, but with some foreign language on points of the english track.

You have to admit, the name is not nearly as clear as the prior "autoselect".
The new, possibly more ambiguous name doesn't change the fact that it does the same thing.