New Apple TV Software 3.0 issues?

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
nathug
Bright Spark User

New Apple TV Software 3.0 issues?

Post by nathug »

I just updated the AppleTV to version 3.0, and the new iTunes for my iMac (You need to run Update 2 times to get it), everything is Streaming just fine.

My first thought though is the image after the update looks like someone turned the Contrast down a couple of notches. The image doesn't look darker as such, as I can still see all the detail I used to in the dark backgrounds etc. But something is defiantly very slightly different.

Thought?

Nate
vidjock

Re: New Apple TV Software 3.0 issues?

Post by vidjock »

I have watched bits of multiple movies just to make sure streaming and play back is working, and it looks and works exactly the same for me.
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

It might just be me, but I think Safari is snappier. :lol:
vidjock

Post by vidjock »

Yeah Safari is absolutely faster. And I swear after upgrading my apple tv to 3.0, my iMac is now reporting that I have a quad core. I don't know how apple does it. :D
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

vidjock wrote:Yeah Safari is absolutely faster. And I swear after upgrading my apple tv to 3.0, my iMac is now reporting that I have a quad core. I don't know how apple does it. :D
Falls under: " Various performance enhancements and stability improvements." in the update description. ;)
nathug
Bright Spark User

Post by nathug »

I just don't understand why you have to be total idiots when someone reports an issue like this. I work in the AV industry in NYC and know what I'm talking about when it comes to stuff like this as I deal with it a lot with high end clients wanting good quality.

What ever you guys think, there was a very subtle change in the way 'MY' (notice I say MY) ATV unit was running the video after the update, weather you believe me or not. I thought that asking people on these forums if they had similar issues, may produce something, obviously it either didn't, or (the more likely thing that happened) is that prats like you guys have once again pushed people that help, away.

Nate
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

you asked for thoughts. apparently no one had any that agreed with yours. no reason to get your panties in a bunch. I have seen no such change as in your OP. If someone did I imagine they might chime in.
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

nathug wrote:I just don't understand why you have to be total idiots when someone reports an issue like this. I work in the AV industry in NYC and know what I'm talking about when it comes to stuff like this as I deal with it a lot with high end clients wanting good quality.

What ever you guys think, there was a very subtle change in the way 'MY' (notice I say MY) ATV unit was running the video after the update, weather you believe me or not. I thought that asking people on these forums if they had similar issues, may produce something, obviously it either didn't, or (the more likely thing that happened) is that prats like you guys have once again pushed people that help, away.

Nate
My encodes don't look any different to me...

3.0.1 is out. :D
vidjock

Post by vidjock »

I did answer your post seriously. Then we joked around a little bit, relax.
Da Man
Bright Spark User

Post by Da Man »

Also, nathug- you spelled whether wrong. :)

Unless you meant 'the weather'.