5 ch Audio in Quicktime

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
dbrateris

5 ch Audio in Quicktime

Post by dbrateris »

Hey guys, so ive been doing all my encoding, and I know that Apple TV dosent really support 5.1 audio yet, but I still have a question.

In MediaFork under the Audio pane I select "English (AC3) (5 ch)" and then do the encode. When its finished, I open the file in Quicktime Pro and go to the Movie Properties window and it only shows 2 channels of audio. Shouldent there be 5?

Thanks,
Dan
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

What version are you using?
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

You're choosing which track on the DVD, not how it's outputted. No released builds of HandBrake do 5.1 anyway, except passing-through AC3 to an .avi.
dbrateris

Post by dbrateris »

Well that answers my questions! Anyone know if a future release will support 5 ch encoding, that would be a really nice feature if apple tv starts to support it.
deckeda
Enlightened

Post by deckeda »

Can't recommend enough for you to cast your gaze a few inches above this thread, up in the Land of Stickies™, for an entertaining and heartwarming tale of love and loss, deception and intrigue, hope and despair on this very question.