SRT not in sync

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
sasha

SRT not in sync

Post by sasha »

Yesterday I downloaded the latest Snapshot release based on the SVN2773 and it is fantastic on how Handbrake keeps evolving and is getting better with every build. Keep it up!

As I noticed that Handbrake included SRT support in MP4 and as I’m new to that I was hoping that someone could help me to understand how this works as this is completely new to me.

I have this foreign DVD that does not contain that a subtitle track in my native language but I managed to find a SRT for it and it appears to have the right fps to the DVD.

With the new Snapshot I have been able to include the subtitles but they appear about 13 seconds to soon. I have tried to change the offset (I think offset means “time shift) setting but without success. The subtitles remain about 13 seconds off.

Can anyone advise me or point me to a source that I can learn about SRT’s?

I have placed my question in this section and not in the Bug forum as I'm probably not doing something right.

I’m using a Mac running 10.5.8
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: SRT not in sync

Post by TedJ »

Assuming the subtitles are consistently off by ~13 seconds, you could try double clicking the "offset" for your added SRT subtitles and entering a value (measured in ms) into the text box.
sasha

Post by sasha »

I will give that a try. I did not realize that the offset was in milliseconds and assumed it was in seconds.

No wonder there was hardly any difference between my two test versions ;-)

I will give it another try tonight.
Thank you TedJ
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

sasha wrote:I will give that a try. I did not realize that the offset was in milliseconds and assumed it was in seconds.

That would have made it difficult (rather, impossible) to make any precise adjustments ;-)
sasha

Post by sasha »

It works!

Have to offset it by 15 seconds (=15000Ms) to make it work.
I just love Handbrake!