chapters

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
imbudweiser

chapters

Post by imbudweiser »

is there any way to split the video up into chapters besides converting each chapter separately? or is there a way to convert each chapter as a separate file but to do it all at once?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You can't. You'll have to do it manually.

When the queueing system is re-enabled in the next build you'll be able to queue jobs up to do each chapter but until then it'll have to be done by hand.
imbudweiser

Post by imbudweiser »

ok, thanks
Peyton

Converting individual chapters

Post by Peyton »

**Update** Chapters may be dealt with by selecting the title that is the main movie, and then entering what chapters you want in the DVD Chapters text box. This box doesn't affect the "Read DVD" function.
Handbrake seems to be working very well, yet I haven't been able to extract chapter 9 from the DVD I've got in the drive.

"View DVD Information" shows Chapter 9 there:
+ 9: cells 8->8, 271849 blocks, duration 00:16:51

"Select Title" shows nine titles, the first of which is 1:34:52 long, obviously the entire movie, the rest of which are very short, one to four minutes long. On this particular movie, each chapter has a bit of video at the front that can't be skipped with the "next chapter" button.

I get the same results in the Read DVD tabs whether or not I put "9" in the DVD Chapters text box. Have I missed something, or is the authoring of this DVD messing up the process?

This thread mentions dealing with chapters "manually," so I suspect that it can be done.