Additional preset request: HiRes on XBox1

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

peter_h

Additional preset request: HiRes on XBox1

Post by peter_h »

I have a number of the original Xbox1s around the house playing from my media server.

So I've been encoding all my vids using Recode, h.264, with alot of options turn off - CABAC, etc.

It's been working really well, with VLC playing them on my 700MHz laptop at 60% CPU (Xbox1 also uses a 700MHz Celeron). And they still look better than XVID encodes.

I've started using HB, but miss the ability to encode to h.264 for these machines. I've tried playing around with interpreting the options and turning x264 features off, but the results, so far, still overload the CPU. I'm feeling like giving up and just using XVid.

So my request is: To add an "XBox1 - HiRes" preset that uses x264 and would be suitable for playback on 700MHz Celeron machines.

Ta :)
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Additional preset request: HiRes on XBox1

Post by s55 »

All gaming presets have been removed. You'll find that it's real easy to overload a 700Mhz celeron so it's not worth your time.
Snapshot Releaase Notes wrote:* Video game presets: There are no more presets for the PSP, PS3, or Xbox 360. Quite frankly, they didn't work well. None of the development team members own the devices, so testing was minimal and support was nonexistent. Keeping up with the firmware vagaries and ambiguous specifications of these devices was not fun -- we get enough of that from Apple's kit, and those we all have around to test on. The new "Normal" preset should work perfectly fine on any device that supports standard Main Profile H.264 with AAC-LC audio in an MP4 file, which the PS3 and 360 ostensibly do.
http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11201