HandBrake Snapshot svn2592

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
HandBrake

HandBrake Snapshot svn2592

Post by HandBrake »

It's been a long while since HandBrake last shared binaries with the public, so steady yourself -- we've been churning away at the code all that time, and a lot's changed.

This is a snapshot release of SVN revision 2592. It is not stable code. It is unstable (and undocumented) development code which will one day lead to a stable release of HandBrake 0.9.4. But in order for that process to happen, it needs a lot more bug testing.

Which is where you come in.

Download it now.

When you find broken things in this snapshot--which you will--post a thorough bug report in our bugs forum. Don't pay too much attention to interface issues at this point. We know some things are still kind of rough around the edges. The biggest concern right now is the fundamentals -- that encodes perform as expected. Prettying things up more will come later.

There have been a massive number of changes to the codebase since November of 2008, when 0.9.3 was released. This is an extremely brief summary.

Core Lib:
  • New build system, allowing 64-bit binaries (around 10% faster)
  • Soft subtitles and Closed Captions
  • Better support for non-DVD inputs:
    - Sources with no audio
    - TrueHD
    - DTS-HD demuxing
    - 8 bit audio sources
    - Preserves MP4 metadata
  • Better AV sync
  • libdvdnav and DVD angles support
  • DTS passthrough for MKV
  • Better sample interleaving
  • Updated libraries, for better x264 performance
  • Variable verbose logging levels
  • Better, optional deinterlacer for decomb (EEDI2)
Mac, Windows, and Linux interfaces:
  • Live video preview
  • New subtitle tab
  • New filters and picture settings inspector
  • Custom anamorphic mode
  • Updated Sparkle
  • Custom number of preview images
  • Quality slider now works off actual rate factor/quantizer values instead of percentages
  • Updated advanced x264 tab
  • New built-in presets
Mac:
  • Core Audio AAC encoding
  • H.264 video source decoding bug fixed
Windows:
  • New audio tab
  • AAC audio source decoding bug fixed
  • Improved picture settings controls
  • Tray minimization is now optional
  • Queue can now be started from main window
Linux:
  • Cosmetic GUI improvements
  • Inhibits sleep mode while encoding
  • Single title scan
  • Chapter duration display
  • Notifications when encodes complete
  • Tray minimization
  • Full screen preview
CLI:
  • Options to handle new subtitle, anamorphic, and preview features
An afterword on project focus
As we've had on our roadmap for quite awhile now, one of our goals for version 0.9.4 is to refocus on HandBrake's key strengths and to remove dead weight. As part of this process, several presets, containers, and a codec have been removed from HandBrake.

* AVI: AVI is a rough beast. It is obsolete. It does not support modern container features like chapters, muxed-in subtitles, variable framerate video, or out of order frame display. Furthermore, HandBrake's AVI muxer is vanilla AVI 1.0 that doesn't even support large files. The code has not been actively maintained since 2005. Keeping it in the library while implementing new features means a very convoluted data pipeline, full of conditionals that make the code more difficult to read/maintain, and make output harder to predict. As such, it is now gone. It is not coming back, and good riddance.

* OGG/OGM: HandBrake's OGM muxer is just as out of date. It hasn't been actively maintained in years either, and it too lacks support for HandBrake's best features. It requires conditionals to work around missing functionality too...only this one gets tested so infrequently the conditionals were never even put in the code, so it just fails when you try to do anything advanced. This one is not coming back either. And yes, we're aware of HTML 5. For patent-free muxing, HandBrake still has Matroska.

* XviD: HandBrake, these days, is almost entirely about H.264 video, aka MPEG-4 Part 10. This makes it rather...superfluous to include two different encoders for an older codec, MPEG-4 Part 2. When choosing between FFmpeg's and XviD's, it came down to a matter of necessity. We need to include libavcodec (FFmpeg) for a bunch of other parts of its API, like decoding. Meanwhile, XviD's build system causes constant grief (it's the most common support query we get about compiling, after x264's requirement of yasm). Since we mainly use MPEG-4 Part 2 for testing/debugging, and recommend only H.264 for high quality encodes, Xvid's undisputed quality edge over FFmpeg's encoder is inconsequential, while FFmpeg's speed edge over XviD is important to us.

* Video game presets: There are no more presets for the PSP, PS3, or Xbox 360. Quite frankly, they didn't work well. None of the development team members own the devices, so testing was minimal and support was nonexistent. Keeping up with the firmware vagaries and ambiguous specifications of these devices was not fun -- we get enough of that from Apple's kit, and those we all have around to test on. The new "Normal" preset should work perfectly fine on any device that supports standard Main Profile H.264 with AAC-LC audio in an MP4 file, which the PS3 and 360 ostensibly do.

* High profile presets: Instead of a confusing series of content-targeted presets, there is now a single, constant quality, High Profile preset with automated filtering and all the H.264 bells and whistles.
extract

A few issues

Post by extract »

I would like to mention a few issues related to the removal of .avi, XviD and .ogm:
.avi is the only format many hardware players (DVD recorders etc) will accept. XviD offered a reasonable decent quality DivX compatible encoding. FFMpeg looks like s***, at least without any advanced features, such as B-frames. Agreed, .avi should be phased out, but it is still floating around.
Wikipedia will introduce video, it will be theora/vorbis/ogg, I don't know if theora/vorbis in an .mkv container will be allowed or supported.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: HandBrake Snapshot svn2592

Post by s55 »

We are aware of such issues, but at the end of the day, the decision has been taken and those features are now gone. This is not something that is going to change.

There are other tools that can be used for those situations.
foetz

Post by foetz »

HandBrake wrote: * AVI: AVI is a rough beast. It is obsolete. It does not support modern container features like chapters, muxed-in subtitles, variable framerate video, or out of order frame display. Furthermore, HandBrake's AVI muxer is vanilla AVI 1.0 that doesn't even support large files. The code has not been actively maintained since 2005. Keeping it in the library while implementing new features means a very convoluted data pipeline, full of conditionals that make the code more difficult to read/maintain, and make output harder to predict. As such, it is now gone. It is not coming back, and good riddance.

* XviD: HandBrake, these days, is almost entirely about H.264 video, aka MPEG-4 Part 10. This makes it rather...superfluous to include two different encoders for an older codec, MPEG-4 Part 2. When choosing between FFmpeg's and XviD's, it came down to a matter of necessity. We need to include libavcodec (FFmpeg) for a bunch of other parts of its API, like decoding. Meanwhile, XviD's build system causes constant grief (it's the most common support query we get about compiling, after x264's requirement of yasm). Since we mainly use MPEG-4 Part 2 for testing/debugging, and recommend only H.264 for high quality encodes, Xvid's undisputed quality edge over FFmpeg's encoder is inconsequential, while FFmpeg's speed edge over XviD is important to us.
so avi and xvid are gone :shock:

that's very unfortunate :?
foetz

Post by foetz »

s55 wrote:There are other tools that can be used for those situations.
could you name some xvid encoders for osx which do support 2pass encoding?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

avidemux and ffmpegX come to mind.
foetz

Post by foetz »

TedJ wrote:avidemux and ffmpegX come to mind.
thanks, tried them both. looks like i'm just gonna stay with 0.9.3 after all.
Childeric

Post by Childeric »

I have just installed svn2592 on my macbookpro for two reasons.

I have begun to compress all my DVDs to h264/mkv, and many of them are in foreign language ; for these I need soft subtitles.

Also, I had a bug with 9.0.3 which on some DVDs stopped encoding at the end of first pass in high profile at the moment when the end credits appear. On the same DVDs, it seems to work well with svn2592.

Soft subtitles seem ok so far, so I think I'll keep this build for encoding my dvds until 9.0.4 or another svn is made available.

Thank you for the great job you are doing with this project.
klave7

Post by klave7 »

Mac:
"* H.264 video source decoding bug fixed"

I have a movie I was ripped from bluray (Australia) and when I'm encoding the m2ts file to an MP4 while in the 1st pass around 50% it will automatically jump to the second pass and then the movie will be cut short when it's all finish. Is this the issue mentioned above?
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

No, it's a true crash that'll bring up Crash Reporter and say the crash happened in some assembly code in ffmpeg for h.264 decoding.
gnufist

Post by gnufist »

Hi

First off, thanks for the great work, I really appreciate HandBrake.

Second, I'll apologize at once if my question is stupid, I could very well have misunderstood your statement about AVI.

Anyhow, I'm trying to convert all my huge Canon Photo Camera .AVI files to something that take up a bit less space. So I thought using HandBrake for that would be perfect. That doesn't work in the official release (Audio problems) but I saw in the forum that that should be fixed in the coming release. So I got a copy of HandBrake Snapshot svn2592, which works much better. Though I still have a small Audio problem, it caps the sound in the start and I get the following in the log:
sync: adding 1000 ms of silence to audio 0 start 90000, next 0

I'm using the "Normal" setting whiteout any changes on Mac OS X 10.5.7.

So, the fact that you are dropping AVI in the coming release, does that mean that you wont have anything to do with it at all, and that I should go else where, or does it mean that you wont encode to AVI?

Should I post this as a bug and add the rest of the log or go elsewhere?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

We're dropping AVI as an output codec, as long as ffmpeg supports it AVI input shouldn't be a problem.

Check the bugs forum to see if this issue is already posted and if not then submit a report with the required log.
themacjedi

Post by themacjedi »

I depend on HandBrake for all my DVD ripping. When I started ripping my DVD's Handbrake was on version 0.9.2 and my average file size (AppleTV) was 2.5GB. And I was making a second file for my iPhone. When 0.9.3 was released I re-ripped my entire library of DVD's using the Universal format because a single movie file would now play on my iPhone, MacBook, Xbox 360 and now the file size was 1.5GB. And I meticulously check the quality between the default settings of 0.9.2 AppleTV and 0.9.3 Universal and Universal came out on top every time.

Now you're talking about a new fancy update that changes lots of stuff and I'm wondering am I going to want to re-rip my favorite movies?

Will we see a release version of 0.9.4 (or whatever you call it) this year?

I don't care about the loss of stuff like AVI, so what ever makes the product better go for it.

Thanks for your time, it's very much appreciated.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

themacjedi wrote:Now you're talking about a new fancy update that changes lots of stuff and I'm wondering am I going to want to re-rip my favorite movies?
HBA (Handbrakers Anonymous) meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month on IRC. ;)
SnorreSelmer

Post by SnorreSelmer »

I was looking at the soft-sub features in the OSX GUI, Has it been implemented? All I can see is a new interface, but it seems that it's still forced-subs only?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I was looking at the soft-sub features in the OSX GUI, Has it been implemented?
It's only available in more recent svn code, not this snapshot release.
jdm

Post by jdm »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if I want to tryout this snapshot, do I uninstall 0.9.3 first, or does this install separately from it?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Windows: 0.9.3 will get overwritten unless you specify a different directory on the installer.
Mac: Will overwrite if you copy it to a location where you already have 0.9.3 (or other version) installed.
DarkVenator

Post by DarkVenator »

First of all, I wanted to say that I have been using handbrake for several versions now and enjoy the product that you guys produce. It only gets better with each release.

Now - my question. I have been using handbrake for months, and want to know if there some development type help that I can provide in the way of testing. I use handbrake constantly on several machines and can provide any data/feedback required in a Windows environment. I have 32-bit & 64-bit Vista as well as the RC of Windows 7 (64-bit) on various machines, and I am just switching container types and formats with the new svn2592. So reply back if there is anything I can do to aid in the development process.
zorglou

Post by zorglou »

hello
very good job for this release !! and many thanks
the subtitle work very well for me, but i have still a problem (sorry for my so poor english)
i make MKV/x264 with 2 languages and subtitle, work fine with Plex and VLC but the subtitle are near the middle of the movie ! It is possible to decide the position of the subtitle during the encoding ?
I encode with anamorphic strict : is that the problem for the subtitle ?
Thank you again
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

I'll assume you did vobsub passthru (not burned in) since you didn't supply an activity log where I could have verified. The subtitle position is a problem with the player. We are passing the subtitle track through unmodified (as the mkv spec allows). But the subtitles original position is probably in the black bar of the letterbox region. Since you've most likely cropped the black bars (again verifiable with an activity log), the player is making a guess at where to reposition it. Many player's don't make very intelligent choices when doing this repositioning.

If I was being too subtle, please supply an activity log whenever you are having a problem, even for simple questions. It eliminates most of the guess work. And you should have started a new thread in one of the support forums with an appropriate title so that others can more easily see your question and benefit from the answer.
tbean

Post by tbean »

The svn2592 snapshot is really great. It is faster and seems to improve the quality of the encoded video. I have used it to encode several Blu-Ray DVDs and it handles the Dolby TrueHD Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio flawlessly which has saved me a lot of time converting the HD audio tracks to AC3. It also handles the subtitles on normal DVDs really well but it doesn't seem to find the subtitle tracks on Blu-Ray DVDs. You are probably already aware of that but I am including the activity log from an encode of Gran Torino where the subtitle tracks weren't processed.

I didn't see any errors related to subtitles in the log, however, if I have done something wrong, as I often do, or could change some settings to get the subtitles, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

Code: Select all

### CLI Query:  -i "C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Rip\Gran Torino\00004.m2ts" -t 1 -c 1 -o "C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Videos\Gran Torino\Gran Torino.mp4" -f mp4 -4  -w 1920 -l 800 -e x264 -S 3900 -2  -T  -a 1 -E faac -6 6ch -R 48 -B 384 -D 0 --subtitle scan --subtitle-forced Foreign --subtitle-burn scan --subtitle-default scan -x ref=2:bframes=2:me=umh -v 1

#########################################

[07:39:42] hb_init: checking cpu count
[07:39:42] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake svn2592 (2009062101) - MinGW i386 - http://handbrake.fr
2 CPUs detected
Opening C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Rip\Gran Torino\00004.m2ts...
[07:39:42] hb_scan: path=C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Rip\Gran Torino\00004.m2ts, title_index=1
[07:39:42] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
ERROR: dvd: ifoOpen failed
[07:39:42] file is MPEG Transport Stream with 192 byte packets offset 4 bytes
[07:39:42] hb_ts_stream_find_pids - found the following PIDS
[07:39:42]     Video PIDS : 
[07:39:42]       0x1011 type VC1 (0xea)
[07:39:42]     Audio PIDS : 
[07:39:42]       0x1100 type LPCM (0x83)
[07:39:42]       0x1101 type AC-3 (0x81)
[07:39:42]       0x1102 type AC-3 (0x81)
[07:39:42]       0x1103 type AC-3 (0x81)
[07:39:42]       0x1104 type AC-3 (0x81)
[07:39:42]       0x1200 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:42]       0x1201 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:42]       0x1202 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:42]       0x1203 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:42]       0x1204 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:42]       0x1205 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:42]       0x1206 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:42]       0x1207 type Unknown (0x90)
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1100 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x1)
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1101 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x2)
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1102 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x3)
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1103 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x4)
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1104 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x5)
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1200 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1201 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1202 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1203 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1204 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:44] transport stream pid 0x1205 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:45] transport stream pid 0x1206 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:45] transport stream pid 0x1207 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[07:39:45] scan: decoding previews for title 1
[07:39:45] scan: audio 0x1: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=640000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
[07:39:45] scan: audio 0x2: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=640000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
[07:39:45] scan: audio 0x3: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=640000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
[07:39:45] scan: audio 0x4: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=640000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
[07:39:45] scan: audio 0x5: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=640000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
[07:39:46] scan: 10 previews, 1920x1080, 23.976 fps, autocrop = 140/140/0/0, aspect 16:9, PAR 1:1
[07:39:46] scan: title (0) job->width:1920, job->height:800
[07:39:46] stream: 6 good frames, 0 errors (0%)
[07:39:46] libhb: scan thread found 1 valid title(s)
+ title 1:
  + vts 0, ttn 0, cells 0->0 (0 blocks)
  + duration: 01:53:35
  + size: 1920x1080, pixel aspect: 1/1, display aspect: 1.78, 23.976 fps
  + autocrop: 140/140/0/0
  + chapters:
    + 1: cells 0->0, 0 blocks, duration 01:53:35
  + audio tracks:
    + 1, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch), 48000Hz, 640000bps
    + 2, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch), 48000Hz, 640000bps
    + 3, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch), 48000Hz, 640000bps
    + 4, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch), 48000Hz, 640000bps
    + 5, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch), 48000Hz, 640000bps
  + subtitle tracks:
Calculated bitrate: 4411 kbps
Modified x264 options for pass 1 to append turbo options: ref=2:bframes=2:me=umh:ref=1:subme=1:me=dia:analyse=none:trellis=0:no-fast-pskip=0:8x8dct=0:weightb=0
[07:39:46] 2 job(s) to process
[07:39:46] starting job
[07:39:46] job configuration:
[07:39:46]  * source
[07:39:46]    + C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Rip\Gran Torino\00004.m2ts
[07:39:46]    + title 1, chapter(s) 1 to 1
[07:39:46]  * destination
[07:39:46]    + C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Videos\Gran Torino\Gran Torino.mp4
[07:39:46]    + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
[07:39:46]      + 64-bit formatting
[07:39:46]  * video track
[07:39:46]    + decoder: vc1
[07:39:46]      + bitrate 200 kbps
[07:39:46]    + frame rate: same as source (around 23.976 fps)
[07:39:46]    + dimensions: 1920 * 1080 -> 1920 * 800, crop 140/140/0/0
[07:39:46]    + encoder: x264
[07:39:46]      + options: ref=2:bframes=2:me=umh:ref=1:subme=1:me=dia:analyse=none:trellis=0:no-fast-pskip=0:8x8dct=0:weightb=0
[07:39:46]      + bitrate: 4411 kbps, pass: 1
[07:39:46]  * audio track 0
[07:39:46]    + decoder: Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch) (track 1, id 1)
[07:39:46]      + bitrate: 640 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[07:39:46]    + mixdown: 6-channel discrete
[07:39:46]    + encoder: faac
[07:39:46]      + bitrate: 384 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[07:39:46] encx264: keyint-min: 24, keyint-max: 240
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0
No accelerated IMDCT transform found
[07:39:46] reader: first SCR 377735254
[07:39:47] sync: expecting 163438 video frames
[07:39:47] sync: first pts is 3754
[10:08:43] hb_ts_stream_decode - eof
[10:08:43] stream: 167707 good frames, 0 errors (0%)
[10:08:43] reader: done. 1 scr changes
[10:08:53] sync: got 167706 frames, 163438 expected
[10:08:53] work: average encoding speed for job is 18.741848 fps
[10:08:54] vc1-decoder done: 167707 frames, 1 decoder errors, 0 drops
[10:08:54] render: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
[10:08:54] render: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
x264 [info]: slice I:1535  Avg QP:17.29  size:112255  PSNR Mean Y:46.49 U:49.56 V:50.69 Avg:47.36 Global:46.41
x264 [info]: slice P:78408 Avg QP:18.93  size: 35524  PSNR Mean Y:44.58 U:48.65 V:49.82 Avg:45.60 Global:44.40
x264 [info]: slice B:87763 Avg QP:21.82  size: 10423  PSNR Mean Y:42.98 U:47.85 V:49.08 Avg:44.12 Global:43.09
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 12.4% 33.5% 54.1%
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 33.3%  0.0% 66.7%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4: 25.3%  0.0%  0.0%  P16..4: 61.8%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:13.0%
x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4:  3.9%  0.0%  0.0%  B16..8: 25.6%  0.0%  0.0%  direct:19.6%  skip:50.9%  L0:36.6% L1:49.9% BI:13.5%
x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 23.73
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra:55.9% 62.5% 25.5% inter:19.9% 16.2% 0.2%
x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9771593
x264 [info]: PSNR Mean Y:43.760 U:48.241 V:49.441 Avg:44.843 Global:43.682 kb/s:4429.01
[10:08:54] starting job
[10:08:54] job configuration:
[10:08:54]  * source
[10:08:54]    + C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Rip\Gran Torino\00004.m2ts
[10:08:54]    + title 1, chapter(s) 1 to 1
[10:08:54]  * destination
[10:08:54]    + C:\Users\tbean.T-A-C\Videos\Gran Torino\Gran Torino.mp4
[10:08:54]    + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
[10:08:54]      + 64-bit formatting
[10:08:54]  * video track
[10:08:54]    + decoder: vc1
[10:08:54]      + bitrate 200 kbps
[10:08:54]    + frame rate: same as source (around 23.976 fps)
[10:08:54]    + dimensions: 1920 * 1080 -> 1920 * 800, crop 140/140/0/0
[10:08:54]    + encoder: x264
[10:08:54]      + options: ref=2:bframes=2:me=umh
[10:08:54]      + bitrate: 4411 kbps, pass: 2
[10:08:54]  * audio track 0
[10:08:54]    + decoder: Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch) (track 1, id 1)
[10:08:54]      + bitrate: 640 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[10:08:54]    + mixdown: 6-channel discrete
[10:08:54]    + encoder: faac
[10:08:54]      + bitrate: 384 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[10:08:54] encx264: keyint-min: 24, keyint-max: 240
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
[10:08:57] reader: first SCR 377735254
x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0
No accelerated IMDCT transform found
[10:09:04] sync: expecting 167706 video frames
[10:09:04] sync: first pts is 3754
[15:46:42] hb_ts_stream_decode - eof
[15:46:42] stream: 167707 good frames, 0 errors (0%)
[15:46:42] reader: done. 1 scr changes
[15:47:08] sync: got 167706 frames, 167706 expected
[15:47:08] work: average encoding speed for job is 8.267474 fps
[15:47:13] mux: track 0, 167706 frames, 4020386715 bytes, 4594.30 kbps, fifo 32
[15:47:13] mux: track 1, 328156 frames, 329958643 bytes, 377.06 kbps, fifo 1024
[15:47:13] vc1-decoder done: 167707 frames, 1 decoder errors, 0 drops
[15:47:13] render: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
[15:47:13] render: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
x264 [info]: slice I:1535  Avg QP:16.98  size:125006  PSNR Mean Y:46.81 U:50.43 V:51.50 Avg:47.77 Global:47.02
x264 [info]: slice P:78408 Avg QP:18.87  size: 34815  PSNR Mean Y:44.87 U:49.08 V:50.26 Avg:45.92 Global:45.02
x264 [info]: slice B:87763 Avg QP:21.09  size: 12519  PSNR Mean Y:43.47 U:48.47 V:49.71 Avg:44.63 Global:43.83
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 12.4% 33.5% 54.1%
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 20.6%  0.0% 79.4%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4:  1.9%  0.0%  3.4%  P16..4: 61.9% 14.5%  9.9%  0.0%  0.0%    skip: 8.4%
x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4: 11.2%  0.0%  0.0%  B16..8: 26.3%  1.2%  0.8%  direct:15.9%  skip:44.5%  L0:33.4% L1:51.3% BI:15.3%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra:46.9% 71.5% 28.0% inter:18.9% 25.9% 0.4%
x264 [info]: ref P L0  69.1% 30.9%
x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9790378
x264 [info]: PSNR Mean Y:44.156 U:48.772 V:49.987 Avg:45.263 Global:44.369 kb/s:4410.99
[15:47:13] libhb: work result = 0

Rip done!
HandBrake has exited.

s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Subtitles are not supported on BluRay yet. DVD only at the moment.
zorglou

Post by zorglou »

thanks JohnAStebbins
i will create a new thread for my subtitle problem
Zorglou
mithrandir
Enlightened

Post by mithrandir »

I gather that snapshot #2 may be coming in a week or two, before some devs go back to school. What's the outlook for getting a build with the mbtree-enabled version of x264?

Since the CRF scale will change, perhaps significantly, I'd think you'd want some of us to test our videos and figure out what the new "standard" CRF values should be.

mbtree is pretty exciting because the gains in compression efficiency (1-SSIM*kbps) appear to be in the 10-30% range, even more with some anime. This is very impressive since, as a comparison, using trellis=2 instead of trellis=0 might only give you a 5% efficiency gain and you are penalized by a major drop in encode speed. The downside is that fades with mbtree apparently are messed up and the fix - a new "weightp" option - is still in development.