Can HandBrake open TS streams for recoding

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Phototaker
Experienced

Can HandBrake open TS streams for recoding

Post by Phototaker »

I finally seem to have the program creating usable files that work just fine. What I would also like to do if it's possible would be to record a full TS stream off air using my PC tuner card. VideoReDo TVSuite can edit out the ads & allow be to see the subtitles that are enbedding into the TS stream. As far as I know there isn't any easy way to get the file from VRD to output the subtitle data so that it can be used along with the MPEG2 data so that the HandBrake can create a new much smaller file that has the subtitles embedded into the new video. Can this me done? Can HandBrake open TS streams?
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Can HandBrake open TS streams for recoding

Post by s55 »

Yes it can open TS streams.
Phototaker
Experienced

Post by Phototaker »

Well I recorded another TS stream to my PC & HandBrake was able to open it or sort of. By that I mean it opened the full stream but I wasn't offered the opportunity to choose which stream I wished to encode. Nevertheless I tried to encode whatever stream the program had detected. This it did OK but no subtitles were burnt into the output file even though all ts streams had subtitles in them & I had set subtitle option to auto.. I know this because I could see them in VideoReDo.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

No subs are supported for non DVD sources.