ffmpeg patch for r19067

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

van
Veteran User

ffmpeg patch for r19067

Post by van »

I've updated the ffmpeg patch so it applies against today's version (r19067). The dust seems to have settled on the PIX_FMT changes (the defines were changing every few days for a while there and it would make the HB preview colors weird). I've checked that this patch gives correct preview colors on a little-endian (intel) architecture but don't have a PPC any more to check big-endian. The old PIX_FMT_RGBA32 was automatically redefined inside of libavutil/pixfmt.h so it would work on either architecture but it's gone. I picked what I hope is the equivalent but can't test big-endian. (If I got the wrong one, the only other likely choice is PIX_FMT_BGR32.)

LATM-AAC is broken - I think there are some new audio codec alignment restrictions that it doesn't adhere to so HB aborts with an alignment error in longcopy called by aac_filter_receive when HB encounters the first LATM-AAC packet. Other than that everything seems to work as well or noticeably better than ffmpeg-0.5 and many bugs have been fixed.

It looks like they're finally putting in some support for multi-threaded use of ffmpeg. (Up to now there has been some conflict detection but all the locking for conflict avoidance had to be external & it's very race-prone to do it that way.) See av_lockmgr_register in doc/APIchanges and libavcodec/avcodec.h
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: ffmpeg patch for r19067

Post by Ritsuka »

P02-darwin-h264dsp-crash.patch can be safely deleted too, the problem was fixed some days ago.
http://git.mplayerhq.hu/?p=ffmpeg;a=com ... 4b1a1f67b2
KonaBlend
Novice

Post by KonaBlend »

Updated patch which incorporates van's first ffmpeg-r19067 patch, removes P02-darwin-h264dsp-crash.patch and reconstitutes the various sub-patches against ffmpeg-r19067.

and ffmpeg-r19067.tar.bz2 has been uploaded.
eddyg
Veteran User

Post by eddyg »

But we don't want to start using this in our SVN until the LATM stuff is sorted (Well I don't anyway :)

Looking at the ffmpeg-devel alias Paul Kendall is very close to having LATM support committed to ffmpeg (undergoing review) - so maybe we could ditch our LATM patch for now since it is probably more effort to get working with the newest ffmpeg than it is worth.

So I guess I am fine with removing our LATM support for now, and will stick with an older version of HB CLI for my DVB-T decodes until we get the newer ffmpeg with built in LATM support.

Cheers, Ed.
KonaBlend
Novice

Post by KonaBlend »

Updated patch again. We now have a fix for the latm bug caused by our build-time A00-latm.patch which didn't keep pace with ffmpeg's function signature for *_decode_frame() delegation.
Patch incorporates everyone's stuff from this thread.

*edit: committed. see r2469.
cvk_b
Veteran User

Post by cvk_b »

PPC colors correct.