Auto shutdown

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
dridzz

Auto shutdown

Post by dridzz »

Is there a way to auto shutdown the computer after finishing the encoding on the CLI ?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Auto shutdown

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Well, that would depend on your OS. On linux,

Code: Select all

HandBrakeCLI <yadda> <yadda> <yadda> ; sudo shutdown -h now
should do the trick.
jjwatmyself

Post by jjwatmyself »

I believe that you can control this in the GUI. On Windows my computer will shutdown automatically using CLI. If you go into the GUI and click Tools, Options, there is a drop called 'When Done'. I use 'Quit Handbrake' and 'Shutdown' depending on my desited behaviour. The default option is 'Do Nothing' which for me was a problem originally as when CLI had completed, it would not return to the prompt. Upon hitting enter it would return to the prompt. From the testing I have done, after making this change in the GUI, CLI inherits this setting. Any other readers, please feel free to correct me if my statements are not accurate. Also, depending on your OS, there are many ways to shutdown from a script. Vista has the 'shutdown' command as do all flavors of UNIX/Linux.
rainbow2009

Post by rainbow2009 »

On Windows my computer will shutdown automatically using CLI. If you go into the GUI and click Tools, Options, there is a drop called 'When Done'. I use 'Quit Handbrake' and 'Shutdown' depending on my desited behaviour
This is new to me, but brilliant idea. I'll try it :D :lol:
pret auto